2.11.03

Disengaging brain-to-mouth inhibitor
I was just made aware of this NaNoWriMo thing. Now, I consider myself to be a "pretty good" writer, so I can say with certainty that writing 50,000 words (175 pages) in the space of a month is nearly impossible for most mortals. This basically amounts to spending all of your free time for a month spewing language onto a page and hope that it makes some sort of sense. Abso-frickin-lutely incredible. Which isn't to say that I'm not tempted, but with school and all there's no way it would happen. Hell, it took me three months during the summer to write half that word count of short story. And short story's a lot easier than novel, because you get to start over part way through.

I actually haven't done much writing since school started. The change to new surroundings twisted my routine so much that I haven't really been able to find the time. It's sad. On the other hand, all of my work for the Alternity has re-stimulated the creative centers of my brain, so maybe all you lucky web denizens will see some all-new, all-original work before long.