11.10.04

The pain...


Sometimes, you just know you're going to feel it in the morning. I just got out of jeet kun do, which is a fun class, but absolutely devastating on the physique. It doesn't help that I am an utter newb, and the class has a pretty big skill dichotomy even in the first year class. I'm doing stuff slow, to learn form, and this guy with probably twice my mass is blocking all of my jabs and hitting me in the face, over and over. It sucks. Don't even ask me about what happens when I have to get in close. My combined height and low weight make me easy enough to totally destroy.

On a less painful note, I have decided to apply for a position at the student IT help desk on campus, just for a little extra spending money. It's (hopefully) a fairly low-stress job, fills the hours, and kind of plugs me into the system here, so I can set my double-secret plans into motion. We'll see how thing develop on that front.

Looks like Kerry is up in the polls across the nation, especially in Oregon. Too bad. He wouldn't be a terrible president (better than Gore, at any rate). He has a massive advantage coming into the race in that he's garnering a large amount of votes from people who just don't want to see Bush in office any more. Let's see if he can avoid the fate George McClellan suffered in 1864 running against Abraham Lincoln (another extremely unpopular president, at the time).