5.11.03

Emotionless and cold as ice / all of the things I like...
Brad was not very happy earlier, because he had class all morning and into the late afternoon, without having breakfast or lunch in between. So, I was quite hungry and ready to kill by 3:30, which was something of a liability considering that I was working on my competition device for EGR110 (Intro to Engineering). It's sort of a forklift-type thing, with treads and a lifting mechanism on the front. The hard part is, we have to integrate three motors (two with servos and speed controllers), two battery packs, and an RC receiver into a 5 by 10 piece of plywood, and the thing has to work afterwards. It's a fun project, but a lot of work.

In case you were wondering, there was no point to that. Just keep reading.

If everything goes as I have forseen, I'm going to be seeing Matrix Revolutions tonight with my dorm. I said I wasn't going to see it on opening day, but this is an offer I can't refuse. I'll let you know the extent of its suckage/rockage later tonight.


Now, what else. Ah, yes. My philosophy professor is a pretty cool guy, and one of his interesting habits is figuring out the bizarre origins of a lot of the movies and stories we see nowadays. The example he came up with today was the orginial "Lord of the Rings." I guess in The Republic (by Plato, Mr(s). 200 IQ), Plato attempted to explore the philosophical difference between good and evil by using the parable of a shepherd who found a ring in an old cave. When this ring was manipulated in a certain way, the wearer would become invisible. The shephard used this ability to take over the throne of his kingdom, and reigned until some jealous subject offed him. Sound familiar? The basis anyway?