19.11.03

Sense offender
Equilibrium is a very good movie, despite being heavily reminiscient of 1984 in the sense that it copies almost every aspect of that book in some form or another. One thing it does have that 1984 and Fahrenheit 451 lack is violence and graphic action sequences. Check it out.

My life is boring. School (at least how I percieve it here at good ol' U of P) is nothing more than a retake of high school with harder classes and more homework, plus (this is the real sales pitch) I'm here all the time. I'm lucky to spend maybe 10 hours a week off campus. That's not much. My life is nothing but a really long passing time between classes. It's not cool; I really wish I would've gone to a larger university. I also don't want to be an engineer. We've already established that I don't want to be in the Army either. College is a time for discovery, and I've discovered that almost all of my presumptions about what I wanted to do with the next couple year were wrong. Yippee.

Despite my depressing tirade, things aren't really that bad. I can (and probably will) switch schools and at least majors by the end of the year. And I already dropped ROTC, much to my satisfaction. Math and physics blow hardcore, especially since I'm really not that good at math. I can't wait to not take any more of it.

Eh. What else? Ah, yes. It snowed here, but it didn't stick and as such, I have no related hijinks to relate. A couple of classmates and I did have to explain to a professor from California that, yes, it's still snow and not necessarily sleet if it doesn't stick.

For about 6months or so right before school started, I was just getting hardcore into writing. Then school came along and the radical change in environment and whatever caused me to stop until about 3 weeks ago when I stumbled across NaNoWriMo. From then on, writing has once again become my favorite way to slack off (ironic, considering how much work it is). I really want to finish some of the stories I've started over the years. I won't make NaNoWriMo's 50,000 word limit by December, but for me a personal, long-term goal is to actually get up to that high of a word count by any point, and then start selling the stuff. I really want to see myself in print.