4.12.03

You could warn them, if only you spoke Hovitos
Today was the second-to-the-last day of math class, and we were discussing our final exam on Wednesday. My professor says, "You can have a full notebook sheet of paper for notes. It's not going to help you, but you can have it anyway." I'd never thought anybody could be so intimidating without the obvious ability to kill me six times before I hit the ground.

If anybody can tell me what a spetzdöd is, or what the word means, I'll dispense some mad props. Or something to that effect.

I have a roughly ten-page paper due tomorrow that I've barely started. Granted, it's just discussing my engineering project, but I'm still not looking forward to doing it. The math and physics I also have due tomorrow are distinctly secondary.

I talked to my mom today, looks like the same guy I've been working for for the past couple of years has offered me a job again over Christmas break. For those couple of you who don't know, I worked for the information systems department (read: tech support) for Hi-School Pharmacy, a chain of pharmacy/variety stores in Oregon and southwest Washington. It wasn't a particularly fun job, but I guess I was good at it and a paycheck's a paycheck, right? Anyway, it'll probably only be 8 or 10 days at most over the month I have off, so it shouldn't interfere with my life too much.

Still looking at the housing situation for PSU next fall. I'm pretty much dead-set on trasferring, so it's to my advantage to do things early and get set up. I did some quick calculations, and with one roommate in a standard one-bedroom, I'll spend roughly $4,500 a school year on rent and food. At UP, I spend $6,600 for the same deal, except the room's smaller and I don't have to cook.

This is cool. I found it on Dave Barry's blog.