13.1.04

BACK IN SCHOOL YAY!!!1!1!!
Or not. The point is, I've moved back in to the dreaded University of Portland Corrado Hall. Nothing's changed, really. Even my classes are mere echoes of the ones I had last semester. My calculus professor swears a lot (for a 60-year-old guy), and my physics professor sounds like she belongs on some sort of edu-tainment program. Computer Science is looking to be a real easy A. And I mean real easy. For the intro class, we covered (get this) the difference between hardware and software, and what all the standard hardware on a computer does. Duh...

The only class I haven't had yet is advanced writing. It could be cool, or it could suck, and I am not encouraged by the fact that one of the books I had to buy for it is the exact book that I used in Mr. Scott's writing 121 class not 8 months ago. It's that Simon & Schuster Handbook for Writers that we all grew to love over the course of the year. Yay.

On an unrelated note, I picked up the PC version of the Morrowing GOTY. First, I have to say that both expansions are extremely well integrated into the first game. If I hadn't played the "virgin" Morrowind, I would be hard-pressed to say where original ended and expansion began. My character this time is a pretty typical mage, except that she uses marksman weapons (i.e. bows) rather than swords. It makes the game interesting, to say the least.

Regarding playing females in computer RPGs, from Benjamin Turner's FFXI column on GameSpy: "On a pragmatic note, if I'm going to be staring at a character's behind for a number of hours, it might as well be a female one, tail or not."