23.12.03

Applied physics
Played paintball today at my aunt's house up in Woodland. There's some logging areas around there that are perfect, with lots of trees and uneven terrain. A great time was had by all. I didn't play extraordinarily well, but I did manage to single-handedly (and successfully) storm a fixed emplacement after sneaking up on it for ten minutes. I managed to avoid any real painful shots, but after the main game had ended, a few of my relatives, one of which is almost psycho about these things, did the "ten-paces-turn-and-shoot" thing in the front yard. I tell you, getting hit by a .68 caliber round traveling in excess of 250 ft/s is really painful. Especially if it hits you in a sensitive area. That's why I wear a cup and a neck protector.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, traditionally spent at my grandparents house in Tigard. It's my dad's side of the family, and they're cool people, so I'm looking forward to it. Also, I know I'm a typical guy, but I still have shopping left to do, and I've barely started the wrapping. I know, I know, spare me your lectures, I'll get it done tonight, I promise.