7.12.03

Setting 'em up
And knocking 'em down.

I finished the last half of Ring last night in one marathon session. Andy says, and I would certainly agree, that the main theme of that book is the insignificance of mankind in an apathetic universe. Personally, I find that few somewhat pessimistic, but the book is well-written anyway. The entire thing is gloomy and melancholy, but quite interesting despite that. Though every main character is technically human, they've all departed from humanity as we understand it, either through an overlong life, or the machinations of technology. The ending was also quite good, managing to be uplifting despite the fact that the universe more or less comes to an end.

Next up, after finals, I'm finally gonna finish the New Jedi Order series. I've waited a long time to discover the resolution.