22.12.03

Well now...
Yeah, yeah, no updates for awhile. I know you guys are all salivating to hear the latest tidbits about my life and adventures, so here goes.

LAN party. Just about everyone who reads this was there, so my impressions. First, my computer was acting gay for the first couple of hours, which is pretty unusual and was starting to annoy me. ZoneAlarm kept locking down my computer whenever I deactivated it for gaming purposes, and that could only be fixed by a restart. Then, I couldn't see LAN games of BF1942 or StarCraft, if you can imagine. It finally un-fucked itself, much to my delight and surprise, and then the real gaming could begin. Lots of WarIII, BF1942, and the longest game of StarCraft I've ever played. My only real regret was that I didn't snag as many files as I could've, especially music. C'est la vie.

The main reason why I haven't posted any real updates for so long is because I haven't been doing much. I spent most of last week at work, doing pretty much nothing because the main project I was supposed to be working on couldn't start until today. I'm not going to go into extreme detail, but I'm in charge of updating our files for each of the store regarding placement of products on shelves. I use a CAD program for this, in which I make a floorplan of the store, place each shelf, then write what's on each shelf. Then, when we have the plans Walgreens is going to use to convert the 11 stores they bought, I have to make a step-by-step map detailing weekly changes. It's about as exciting as it sounds, but it's really not bad.

Tomorrow, I'm going to play paintball with about 10 members of my extended family. This is sort of a yearly tradition, with all of us gathering over here the night before and watching MST3k for a few hours, talking, then hunkering down and leaving early the next morning. I'm psyched, as always, for the visceral thrill of the hunt and the kill, for the feeling of taking one's life into my own hands. At least, that's what I tell myself. It is fun, though, and I'll be sure and updated you all in readerland about the various painful injuries I sustain.

Ooh! Ooh! Behold the greatness I have stumbled upon: The Adventures of Edward the Less

There. Happy now?