15.1.04

Class is in session
I just got out of a 14-player dorm-on-dorm Halo match. First of all, you need to know that I hadn't really played Halo in almost five months before Tuesday. My neighbors needed a fourth for their Xbox, though, so I did my civic duty and volunteered. We're all pretty good; we were 6-0 yesterday against some guys from down the hall. So this guy from Villa, the neighboring (and sometime rival) dorm, comes over and starts talking smack, about how they've been playing since the beginning of the year and they're gonna dominate sniping and all this shit.

Whatever.

We take 'em on, 7 on 7, on the map Hang Em High. It's a hardcore pistols map, if you haven't played much Halo multiplayer, meaning that I can single-handedly dominate things on a good day. These guys from Villa join. I immediately noticed two things: first, none of them had custom profiles except one guy named "New002," so I was playing against a bunch of "Loopys" and "Hollywoods." Second, they blew. Hard. Apparently they were under the impression that bunny-hopping was still in style, and the assault rifle was the ultimate close-in weapon. We even had two Corrado guys helping them out, and the game still ended 50-32. Things only went downhill from there. I just left after three games because it wasn't even fun anymore.

I would also like to point out that the Villa guy we were talking with was a member of my ROTC squad way back when, and was a total choad.