18.1.04

I haven't left this building in 24 hours
Except for a 20-minute stretch where I was eating. And you know what? I don't really care. I've been busy.

Finished The Stone God Awakens, which is to say I reached the end of the book. The story, however, apparently continues, judging from the near-total lack of conclusion. It was a good book, but that's a real sucky, and might I say amateurish, way to end things. The book was pretty short, so I'm not sure why Farmer didn't just add another hundred pages, or why the editor let him get away with it the way it is. I'd assume it was a money-grubbing attempt to sell a sequel, but as far as I can tell none exists.

I just started John Ringo's A Hymn Before Battle, which is chock-full of acronym goodness in the form of military slang. Interestingly enough, unless my eyes decieve me, the writer included a cameo appearance of none other than David Weber, one of whose works graces my "Recommended" section.

I've finally got into the swing of writing again, which is nice. I never realize how much I miss it until I start again. My current project, such as it is, is the history of the character I'm running for Andy's Werewolf campaign. It's pretty depressing, actually, which I seem to have a knack for.

The internet here's been going down like a cheap whore. I can take it when it just goes down for a few hours, but this on-again-off-again stuff is really annoying.

On a final note, check out this game my roommate found. It's based on that old game Rush Hour that I remember playing in TAG.