12.8.04

The Ganymede Elegy


Today was my last significant period of time to pack before I move on Sunday. As will all major life changes, I view it with a certain degree of mixed excitement and melancholy. I very much like routine, and any disruption to my daily life tends to send reverberations that take a little while to calm down. Still, I am certainly looking forward to moving.

Much of my room is in boxes, either to take with more or store in the attic. One of Becky's friends is staying with us for the rest of the school year, as her family moved to Arizona and she wanted to finish high school at Reynolds. It's kind of a weird situation, I know, but I'll spare you all the details and just say that she's going to be occupying my room full time during the school year. That means I have to take down all my posters and back up all of my garbage, whether or not I'm taking it. This is the third time this calendar year that I've packed some or all of my belongings up, and I'm getting kind of sick of it. Invariably I end up having to throw things away, which goes against my pack-rat nature so hard it hurts. I'm getting better, though, despite what Mom would say.

I've thoroughly overhauled my sidebar section. I added a few links that I was unforgivably rude enough to forget when I slapped together my prototype section a month back. If there's anyone else I'm forgetting, let me know. Also, turns out I prefer Haloscan comments to the native Blogger ones, so I'm switching over. Hmm. Yes, yes, I think that's about everything. This will all be on your final exam so make sure to ask questions if you have them.