19.2.04

My universe is pain and emptiness
Well, that's a slight exaggeration, but it's real easy to feel that way after walking out of one of Dr. R. Smit's famous "rape you up the ass" math exams. Unfortunately, the exam was set up so that if you knew exactly what you were doing, did everything right the first time, and worked at a reasonable pace, you could finish the exam in about 45 minutes. The class session was 55 minutes. And I didn't do everything right the first time. You armchair philosophers out there should be able to see the inevitable conclusion: I ran up against the time limit. Fortunately, being crafty like the fox, I anticipated this and compensated by hauling ass through the entire exams. I probably didn't do that great (par for the course) but I may have just been saved by the "set up but do not evaluate" problems.

Am I the only one who hates writing assignments where you have to write about yourself? I consider myself a fairly normal person in most respects, or at least able to fake it decently, but that doesn't make me interesting. My assignment in my advanced composition class is to "write about a dramatic scene in your own life." It's supposed to be a time when we felt strong emotion about something, or when something profound happened, or something like that. I have had situations like that, but the only times I've felt really strong, literary type emotions were during times of my life when things were happening I'd just as soon not have my entire class know about. You can see my dilemma. Do I make something up and pretend that it's real, or do I take the traditional route and just exaggerate?

Hot damn. Finally.