18.3.04

But it will be total chaos!
I didn't comment on that last post at all. I just wanted to hear everybody sound off. Which they did, in several different fashions and to several degrees.

I am currently studying for a calculus test that I have in approximately 27 hours. Nearly an eternity, I know, but I'm not putting things off anymore. No sir. The material for the test is fairly easy, but there's a lot of it and my professor loves to put little surprises into his test. They're kind of like land mines: you gotta watch out for them or they'll blow your legs off. And you think I'm joking.

Apparently, my EN311 (advanced composition) professor thinks that writing nonfiction is roughly the same thing as writing about yourself. That's usually true in reverse, but set that way it means that I have to read lots of excepts from books like On Being A Self Forever and writing stories about myself. I wouldn't mind writing about myself if I had anything to say worthy of turning into a class like that. Gaming and reading might be interesting to people who do them, but probably not to someone with a doctorate in writing whose idea of a good time is attending opera.

mglan is tomorrow. It's another Counter-Strike tournament, which means that even if I wanted to play, I wouldn't be able to. I still plan on heading down there, hanging out, maybe picking up a game of Homeworld or StarCraft on the side, and digesting massive amounts of caffeine.

To Shaun: what's up? Nice of you to come on around to blogville, population us. We laugh, we cry, we waste time.